Article 1 (Personal Information)
The term of “personal information” shall mean “Personal Information” as defined in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Act No. 57 of 2003, hereinafter referred to as the “Personal Information Protection Act”), meaning that information relating to a living individual which falls under those containing a name, date of birth, or other descriptions etc. whereby a specific individual can be identified or those containing an individual identification code.
Article 2 (Acquisition and Utilization of Personal Information)
The Company will acquire and utilize the personal information of Users to the extent necessary for the following purposes. If the Company intends to utilize personal information beyond the scope of the following purposes, the Company will obtain prior consent from the User in an appropriate manner.
(1) To provide the services of the Company (the “Services”).
(2) To improve the contents of the Services or develop new Services.
(3) To provide information on new features, updates, campaigns, etc. of the Services and other services provided by the Company (including sending e-mails, flyers, and other direct mailings).
(4) To contact you as necessary for maintenance, important notices, etc.
(5) To respond to opinions, inquiries, etc. from Users regarding the Services (including to confirm the identification of the User).
(6) To report to Users on the usage of the Services.
(7) To request cooperation for questionnaires, interviews, etc., and participation in various events related to the Services, and to report the results of those.
(8) To investigate and analyze the usage history of the Services, and to use the results for the improvement and development of the Services and the distribution of advertisements
(9) To provide personal information to companies, etc. participating in events hosted by the Company based on the Users’ consents or applications.
(10) To identify Users who have violated the Terms of Service or who are attempting to use the Services for illegal or unjust purposes, and to refuse their use of the Service.
Article 3 (Management and Protection of Personal Information)
Personal information shall be strictly managed and shall not be disclosed or provided to any third party without the consent of the User, except in the following cases. In addition, in consideration of safety, the Company shall take measures to prevent and correct risks such as unauthorized access to personal information, loss, destruction, falsification, and leakage of personal information.
(1) Where it is necessary for the protection of a person’s life, body, or property, and it is difficult to obtain the User’s consent.
(2) Where provision of personal information is particularly necessary for improving public hygiene or promoting the sound growth of children, and where it is difficult to obtain the User’s consent
(3) Where it is necessary to cooperate with national organizations or local authorities or any other parties entrusted by them in performing affairs prescribed by laws and regulations, and obtaining the User’s consent is likely to obstruct the execution of such performance.
(4) Where the Company outsources, in whole or in part, its handlings of personal information to facilitate its business operation within the scope necessary to achieve the purposes of the utilization.
(5) Where personal information is provided as a result of the succession of business due to merger or other reasons.
(6) Where personal information is utilized jointly with a specific party, and where such utilization and the items of personal information jointly utilized, the scope of the joint users, the purpose of utilization by such user, and the name of the party responsible for the management of the personal information are notified to the User in advance or where such information is placed in a readily accessible condition for the User.
(7) Other cases permitted by law.
Article 4 (Entrustment of Handling of Personal Information)
The Company may outsource all or part of the handling of personal information within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of utilization. In such cases, the Company shall thoroughly examine the eligibility of the consignee, stipulate confidentiality obligations in the contract, and exercise necessary and appropriate supervision over the consignee.
Article 5 (Joint Utilization of Personal Information)
The Company may share the personal information of Users to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of utilization.
Article 6 (Disclosure of Personal Information)
If the User (limited to such User himself/herself; the same shall apply hereinafter in this Article) requests the Company to disclose his/her personal information, the Company will disclose his/her personal information to such User without delay. However, if any of the followings occurs due to the disclosure, the Company may not disclose the information in whole or in part, and if decided so, the Company will notify the User of such non-disclosure without delay.
(1) Where there is a risk of harm to the life, body, property, or other rights or interests of the User or a third party
(2) Where the proper execution of our business may be seriously impeded.
(3) In any other case that would violate laws and regulations.
Article 7 (Correction and Deletion of Personal Information)
1. If the personal information held by the Company is incorrect, the Company will correct or delete such personal information upon the request from the User in accordance with the procedures established by the Company.
2. If we deem it necessary to respond to the User’s request as described in the preceding paragraph, we will correct or delete the relevant personal information without delay, and notify the User of such correction or deletion.
Article 8 (Suspension of Use of Personal Information, etc.)
In the event that the Company receives a request from a User regarding cease of utilization or deletion of his/her personal information (hereinafter referred to as “cease of utilization, etc.”) in the following cases, the Company will conduct the necessary investigation without delay, and based on the results of such investigation, the Company will do cease of utilization, etc. in accordance with the laws and regulations and will notify the User of such cease of utilization, etc. However, in cases where it is difficult to suspend the utilization of personal information due to the large amount of costs involved or other reasons, and alternative measures can be taken to protect the rights and interests of such User, then these alternative measures will be taken.
(1) When the personal information is handled in a manner that exceeds the scope of the purpose of utilization.
(2) Personal information has been obtained by wrongful means.
(3) If the personal information is used in a manner that may encourage or induce illegal or unjust acts.
(4) When we no longer need to use the User’s personal information.
(5) Leakage, loss, or damage (hereinafter referred to as “Leakage, etc.”) of personal information containing special care-required personal information has occurred or is likely to occur.
(6) Leakage, etc. of personal information that may cause property damage due to unauthorized use has occurred or is likely to occur.
(7) Where the leakage, etc. of personal information caused for or with wrongful purpose has occurred or is likely to occur.
(8) Where there has been or is likely to be a Leakage, etc. of personal information involving more than one thousand (1,000) individuals.
(9) Where there is a risk that the rights or legitimate interests of the User may be harmed by the handling of said personal information.
Article 10 (Compliance with Laws and Regulations)
The Company shall comply with Japanese laws, regulations, and other norms applicable to personal information held by the Company.
Article 11 (Response to Complaints and Consultations)
The Company will receive complaints and consultations from Users regarding the handling of personal information, and respond to such complaints and consultations appropriately and promptly. We will also respond promptly and appropriately to requests from Users for disclosure, correction, addition, deletion, or denial of use or provision of their personal information.
Article 12 (Security Control Measures)
The Company will prevent unauthorized access to personal information, or loss, destruction, alteration, or Leakage, etc. of personal information by taking organizational, physical, personnel, and technical measures, such as limiting access to personal information files, recording access logs, and implementing security measures to prevent unauthorized access from outside the Company. In the unlikely event of an incident involving the Leakage, etc. of Users’ personal information, the Company will promptly report the incident to the regulatory authorities in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Law and related guidelines, and take necessary measures to prevent similar incidents from occurring or recurring, in accordance with the instructions of the relevant regulatory authorities. For the details, please refer to the attached “Security Control Measures for Personal Information”.
Article 13 (Company’s Address, Name of Representative, and Personal Information Protection Manager)
The Company’s address, the name of the representative and the name of the personal information protection manager are as follows
Address: B1, 2-19-26 Matsunoki, Suginami-ku, Tokyo
Representative: Yoshiyuki Murakami
Personal Information Protection Manager: Yoshiyuki Murakami
Article 14 (Contact for Inquiries)
Please contact the following for any inquiries regarding our handling of personal information.
Kojiki Project Corporation Customer Service Contact
【Address】 B1, 2-19-26 Matsunoki, Suginami-ku, Tokyo
Established and effective as of July 1, 2022